Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to my Blog!


My name is Pat and I like crafts!



I've always have liked to create things since I was a small child. I took oil and acrylic painting lessons as a child and teen. I learned to sew when I was about 14. I started quilting about 1992.



I have not quilted much in the past few years but just recently got back into it. I'm also trying once again to try to make garments for myself.

Let's start off with a picture of an antique quilt I'm blessed to own.


Grandmother's Quilt






This is a quilt made by my Grandmother, who passed away in 1981. This quilt was probably made in the late 50's or early 60's. Some of the fabrics are cotton and some are rayon. The quilt is machine quilted AND hand tied. I don't remember Grandmother quilting because by the time I can remember her she was in her late 70's and didn't do much.


Here is a close up - you can see the shapes that were pieced together to make this quilt.

No comments: