Monday, November 17, 2008

My sister's red quilt

For many years I had good intentions of making my sister a beautiful quilt. Somehow those good intentions never formed themselves into an actual full size quilt. In the fall of 2005 I went through my fabrics and decided to do a simple top of 10 inch squares. This one is all red. When I finished it, I decided my sister would enjoy it so she received it for Christmas. It is simply hand tied with yarn.





Not only did my sister and her husband enjoy it, so did their little dog Sadie! They said Sadie had never cared for any particular blanket before but she took this one as hers. If someone went to move the quilt while Sadie was on it, she would gently growl at them. I think you can see the look on her face in this picture of "I am NOT moving!"


No comments: