Monday, September 21, 2009

Crown of Thorns

Many years ago when I first was learning about quilting I choose this pattern to make a queen sized quilt. Of course I had no idea what I was doing and what I was getting myself into. But I jumped in anyway. Now here it is 16 years after purchasing the fabric and I'm still not finished! Yes, I said 16 YEARS. I finished piecing the top about 10 years. I now have returned to hand quilting the sucker. Yes, hand quilting -- I said I didn't know what I was getting into.


The pattern is called Wedding Ring or Crown of Thorns. I'm about half way through the quilting. Here a block on the quilting frame. It is set on point with alternating white squares. The squares are about 10 inches or so.





Today I learned a valuable lesson -- always use a sharp needle! I was getting frustrated with the quilting and decided to try a new needle. WOW! What a difference! Suddenly I'm zipping along like crazy. Needles are cheap. Must remind myself to change to a new needle every so often.

I'll post more pictures of the quilt in the next few days.

Note: Cats think quilts on quilt frame is kitty hammock - Bailey The Cat relaxing




No comments: