This week I finally started on the much thought about scrappy quilt. I have been cutting 6-inch and 5-inch blocks. I started out cutting 5-inch then I found a large stack of 6-inch squares that I bought a long time ago. I have plenty of fabric to make one quilt in 6-inch blocks and one in 5-inch. I'm talking about large king-sized bed quilts.
Here is a picture of a large number of 5-inch blocks
Some of the ugly fabric is already starting to look better just by being in small squares and next to some "pretty" fabric. I guess I shouldn't be so biased about the ugly fabric.
Since I got sick of cutting today after about 300 squares, I started sewing things together. Here are a few pieces together.
Hopefully there will be more updates soon on this quilt and happy updates at that!