Sunday, January 27, 2008

Crazy Quilt


When I first got my Pfaff 7510 sewing machine I decided to make a crazy quilt. It gave me a chance to try out the many fancy stitches on the 7510. Since I'm the type person who likes to have things planned out and symmetrical this was also an excercise in going with the flow.

I had scraps that had collected over a few years of attempting to sew. I used many types of fabrics in this quilt. Some were left over from home-decorating projects, some from garment sewing, and some from quilts. I used 12 inch squares of muslin as a base for the squares.

My son was about 8 years old at the time. He and his best friend choose many of the speciality stitches for me to sew. I also used the machine to add the date and our names. The quilt does have a batting. The backing and binding is flannel purchased at Hancock's. It is a heavy quilt! Over the years, I just patch it as needed. To me, that adds to the charm of this quilt.


No comments: