Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Cats in My Garden

Being a cat lover, I just had to do this quilt when I saw the pattern. Jeanne at Quilts & Fixins designed this pattern. You can order the pattern from their website. The hardest part was the darn cat faces. I'm not good at free hand embroidery and thought I would never finish those blasted whiskers. Some are very wonky and some are very short. I considered leaving them off but that would not have looked good. Jeanne agreed that drawing them on would be a good idea. Apparently I'm not the only one who whined about the embroidery.



Here is the back of the quilt. Quilts and Fixins always has lots of fabrics with cats on it, so I had a hard time choosing which on to use.

For quilting, I only stippled quilted in the green. The shop sample had large meandering quilting over the whole quilt.
It was a lot of fun to pick out the scraps from my stash to make the cats. I did buy a few new fat quarters for some of the cats. At least I don't have to feed all these cats!

No comments: